Designer Shopping and 6 Reasons to Buy from an Artisan
The water crisis in California, VW’s diesel emissions scandal, pipeline spills, smog warnings, carbon taxes and global warming. Some days, it feels like being hit over the head with negative environmental messages. Stop to think about any one of those issues and it’s overwhelming. What can one human can do to facilitate change given the magnitude of the problems?
You can help!
Take small steps to reduce your personal environmental footprint through thoughtful designer shopping. As an e-retailer, we would be crazy to tell you not to shop. Here is why we think you should buy from an artisan designer:
- Support the arts. Whether they are creating a new art form or reviving an old traditional craft, these creators are following their passions.
- Buy local. Purchasing from an artisan means you are supporting the local community.
- Quality materials. An artisan selects the best materials to create their products. If not, why would they make the effort in the first place?
- Make a Personal connection. Gain an understanding of the person behind the product (not an assembly line at a factory).
- Look for one-of-a-kind. Why? Because you know that it sucks to show up at a party wearing the same outfit as your hostess.
- Go green. Happy knowing that you are making your contribution towards reducing the impact of those global environmental issues.